Wednesday 28 March 2012

I had one of 'those'

As per usual the time just flies. It's now fast approaching Easter and I have a very busy time ahead. Lots of organising, preparing, cooking........Laura is 21 in a few weeks and a party is planned........stay tuned!!
In the mean time, Rose and I had another one of these...........
 mum and dad made us a wonderful dinner, and Laura made the cake.....Carrot and Almond cake, Yum!!
Theo and went away with some friends for the weekend a couple of weeks ago to Torquay. Beautiful place lots of cafes and shops and of course the beach. The DH's played golf both days, while my girlfriend and I chatted, had coffee and went to a quilt show (I'm working on getting her into patchwork......). Very nice indeed especially the morning walks along the beach.
There was a spectacular Sundial on the hill, I was too 'short' to take a photo of the whole thing, so here are some parts of it, the detail is amazing, all mosaic, the view was great too.





Saturday I went and joined a group of ladies at Foothills to make the 'Jelly Roll1600 quilt' (get the instructions here).
What a fabulous night. The quilt top took about 3 hours( lots of chatting going on) while we enjoyed Champagne and Pizza for dinner and a yummy fruit flan for dessert! The fabric I used is Rouenneries Deux by French General for Moda.  


I love going to mum and dad's especially when I come home with a basket full of  veggies. This is the last of the harvest for this year.

The veggie garden will be weeded, and newspaper laid to keep the weeds at bay till spring.

AND finally When I pulled the blind in the kitchen this morning  I noticed the tree over the road.......
I was up a bit later today. Autumn is really here, though my big oak out the front hasn't done much changing ........YET!

Till next time

Enjoy It, Live It, Love It

No comments: