Sunday 28 August 2011

Blissful Weekend

I should have done this during the week, but as usual the week vanished. No matter, now is just as good.
Last weekend we took ourselves off to the country for the weekend. Theo and Justin went up on the Friday night by train, apparently a lovely trip, just over 2 hours, and I drove up on Saturday afternoon after work, which was actually quite nice. I turned up the music and off I went.

It's been nearly a year since our last visit with Frank and Raeleen(my BIL & SIL) everything was in drought, brown, dry and very sad too look at. Now.........well it gorgeous. Green and lush.


There is Wattle growing everywhere, these gorgeous tiny pompoms with the most delicate scent telling you that spring really is just around the corner


Even the weeds are pretty!!

We went to the local footy game where Matt (the nephew) was the star of the game, (Well, we thought so) He kicked the winning goal!!
Here's the cheer squad, Justin, Raeleen and Frank


Back at their place, what do I find sitting on my quilt??,
yep!! Lacey the cat!!
What is it with cats and quilts??


Sadly it was time to go home, we had a beautiful sunset to finish off a perfect relaxing weekend.



Whatever your week brings
Enjoy It, Live It, Love It

No comments: