Monday 2 August 2010

Sewing??

Sewing??? YES, I have done a little sewing and boy did it feel good!!
I went away with a few friends for a weekend of stitching, relaxation and fun. It was everything. Three of us loaded into one car, the boot was full!! And we still had room to spare......

I finished the Bedford Mystery quilt I started back in April, I'm not really into scrappy, this was my first, but I was happy with the result.


Also finished stitching two blocks of the 
Advent Angels Quilt by Rosalie Quinlan Designs. I'm not doing this quilt,
just sampling a couple of blocks in a different colour way
for the girls at Foothills.



I was too lazy to unpack that night we arrived back(MasterChef final was on.....priorities??), so the suitcase was just left, and this is what one would call an opportunist??...... the photo speaks for itself!!


Looks like he needs a holiday too!!

On the weekend, DH was been watched while he was painting outside.
This cheeky kookaburra didn't even flinch when I walked past, I didn't even notice him till DH said something.



As you can guess we're still ticking along slowly with the renovations, the extension part is sort of finished, just a few more details to be done, but renovation side is a bit more time consuming. It's starting to look great, the new floors go in in the next 2-3 weeks, the kids bathroom should get done too. I tell you what though I am sooooooo over dust!! The plaster dust gets into everything, no matter what you do to cover things.

That's it from me for now, till next time

Enjoy it, Live it, Love it.

1 comment:

Janis said...

Don't know how you get to do it all, renovation, weekend away and sewing!!